top of page
  • The Gallery

Court orders Devard Francis be reinstated as Southland Church of God Pastor

Despite resigning as a member and pastor of Southland Church of God, Attorney Devard Francis filed an injunction in the Supreme Court to be reinstated as Pastor/Leader of the church.

According to court documents obtained by the Gallery, the Supreme Court has ordered “the building would be back in the full care and control of Pastor Devard R Francis and the members of Southland Cathedral Church of God.”

The Court also ordered that “the status quo remains as it were prior to May 1, 2022”, adding an “interlocutory injunction restraining the Defendants, their servants, agents and anyone purporting to act on behalf of the Defendants from interfering with the business of Southland, and withholding Royal Bank of Canada cheque books and attending the premises at Churchland.”

Justice Donna Newton also ordered that the Defendants be at liberty to vary or discharge the interlocutory injunction.

The court order noted there was no appearance for the First and Second Defendants.

However, it is believed that Francis intentionally filed an injunction when he knew that Bishop Moses Johnson and other senior members of the church would be out of the country attending an event in Tennessee at the time of the court appearance.

Francis also failed to disclose to the court that he resigned from the church and issued a letter of apology to senior members.

In November 2020, Francis, Southland Church GroundsKeeper Sidney Campbell and the Praise Team leader allegedly organized the sabotage of the sound system to prevent the new Bishop from having church.

Following the appointment of Bishop Darvin Touissant as pastor of Southland Church of God by Johnson, Francis went to the courts to seek an injunction to stop the appointment.

A temporary injunction was granted by the Supreme Court allowing Johnson to remain as the interim pastor. However, Francis conducted unauthorized services.

Francis along with the groundskeeper and praise team leader Vanderson Barnett showed up in the middle of the night and removed the sound systems from the church to prevent and sabotage further church services under Bishop Johnson.

It took the Bishop four hours to restore a new sound system only to discover shortly before the Sunday service that Francis and his crew returned to the church on Sunday morning before service and disabled the new sound system.

1,966 views0 comments


bottom of page